One of the things that makes the blogging world rock way more than the “real” world (no, not the one on MTV, but the one on your side of the computer screen) is that we can openly recognize and appreciate each other. In the real world we work and toil, wipe the sweat off our brow, and maybe the boss, client, student says “thank you for _____________ (fill in the blank with whatever you excel in)”. A little “thank you”or recognition every now and then goes a long way. It lets us know that we’re on the right track and that we matter.
It is very cool that there are a variety of “awards” that bloggers can use to recognize each other. This week I have been fortunate enough to receive the Liebster Award from Nomadic Noesis (who also has another blog Gen BLT). Her first blog is made up of her poems and excellent book lists. If you want a book to read that is of high quality, check out her blog. Her second blog is for the “sandwich generation”, those who are in the middle with grown kids and aging parents. She provides many resources and support for those who are making the difficult transition into parenting the parent.
The Liebster Blogger Award rules are:
1. Thank the one who nominated you by linking back.
2. Nominate five blogs with less than 200 followers.
3. Let your nominees know by leaving a comment on their sites.
4. Add the award image to your site.
Jodi Ambrose , a very fun sass mouth who helps people get the most out of their relationships, nominated me for the Sunshine Blog Award. She blogs about more than just relationships, and each post is always entertaining.
Rules to Accept the Award:
- Include the award logo in a post or somewhere on your blog.
- Answer 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 10 to 12 other fabulous bloggers.
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blog, letting them know about the award.
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you.
Answers to the Ten Questions About Me:
1. What is a favorite childhood memory?
Eating zucchini bread with Country Crock butter spread at my grandparent’s house in the summer while watching Bewitched and the Beverly Hillbillies.
2. What is a real fear you have?
Gravity letting go.
3. How would you describe yourself?
4. What states have you lived in?
5. What is your style?
Preferably jeans, t-shirt, Converse. No muss-no fuss.
6. What is your favorite breakfast food?
Oatmeal with apples, walnuts, and cinnamon.
7. What are some of your hobbies?
Reading. Writing. Walking. Napping.
8. If you could tell people anything…what would be the most important thing to say?
Do good and do well.
9. What is one of your “passions”?
Helping kids do good and do well.
10. What is one truth that you have learned?
There’s always more to learn, books to read, and roads to walk. It’s never finished.
I have been very fortunate to have been nominated for awards before, and I have nominated many others (see this post, this post, and this post). My list this time is a bit small since I am currently befriending new bloggers, but here are some new ones that I have enjoyed and hope you will, too.
Also, make it a daily challenge to yourself to find a couple new bloggers a day and comment on their posts, because the next best thing to an award is a comment. It’s a great way to recognize others and make a new friend.