This busy person, at the moment, is not me. Summer vacation has me firmly in its grip, and I’ve become the most slothful of sloths. Yesterday I mustered up the little energy I had to clean the bathroom and pay the credit card bill. On a typical day, all bets are off after my morning walk. My husband suggested that Sex and the City might be on Netflix; this way I wouldn’t have to even get up to put the DVDs in, I could control everything from the couch. Four o’clock in the afternoon seems like a good time to take a shower. I have a book to finish for book club. I stare at it a lot. It stares back. I’ve even let more than 24 hours pass before posting a new post.
Like other stuff in my life that is meaningful and put on the back burner, there are a few blogging awards that have gone unacknowledged. I’d like to take this time to recognize those awards and the kind bloggers who have given them to me. I am always honored when other bloggers think that my blog is worth recognition; there are many excellent blogs out there (many I wish I had thought of), and I know they don’t have to choose mine.
The One Lovely Blog Award comes from Good Old Girl, who always fills her blog with compassion and humor.
This award requires sharing 7 facts about yourself and nominating 15 co-bloggers. Since I have been fortunate enough to have received 3 awards, I will nominate 5 each. All of the bloggers I nominate bring something different to the table and all are interesting, thoughtful, and teach us something new.
My 7 facts:
1. The sight in my left eye is pretty bad, but the sight in my right is almost perfect.
2. The hearing in my left ear is pretty bad (10%), but I have 65% hearing in my right.
3. I have mild scoliosis. Which direction does my spine veer? Yes, to the right.
4. This causes my right shoulder muscle (my trapezius?) to be bunched up and over-developed. It is clearly noticeable and makes tops fit strangely. I could see this bulge in my shadow, and this prompted my husband to call me his “little hunchback”. He’s lucky I didn’t make him a hunchback, if you get my drift.
5. I am right-handed.
6. When I get a cold, my right nostril gets plugged up (this is ridiculous, I know).
7. When I run into poles, which side of my face hits it? The left. I’m too busy listening to the person on my right (hence, reading their lips) to notice it’s there. So, please, if you and I happen to be walking and talking, alert me about the pole.
My 5 nominees:
Iamrahulashok nominated me for the Thanks For Writing award. He is constantly looking at life in new and different perspectives.
Criteria for the nomination of this award:
1) Nominate 6 to 7 (or you pick the no.) bloggers, who influenced or inspired you.
2)Pay the love forward: Provide your nominee’s link in your post and comment on their blog to let them know they have been included and invited to participate.
3. Pay the love back with gratitude and a link to the blogger(s) who nominated you.
Lastly, truthlets & thought bits nominated me for the Illuminating blogger award. Her blog is positive and inspiring, and she delves into what it means to be human.
Share 1 Random Thing: I think I may know all of the lines to When Harry Met Sally, Bull Durham, Mermaids and Dirty Dancing. Sally Albright, Annie Savoy, Rachel and Charlotte Flax, and Frances “Baby” Houseman were characters I looked up to growing up. I ended up most like Sally.
Nominate 5 Bloggers:
Again, thank you Good Old Girl, Iamrahulashok, and Truthletsandthoughtbits for the nominations! They mean a lot to me and encourage me to keep writing.