I just spent part of my afternoon shooting the breeze with some students, some of whom were in my most fun English 10 Honors a couple of years ago and now are on the verge of graduating. We reminisced about that class and the good times we had. I was feeling especially happy because we just finished the elections for next year’s Academic Decathlon officers, and I was afraid it would be a popularity contest. It turns out that the most popular students were also the same ones who really deserved to win and had earned the right to be an officer. The new president and I high-fived and exclaimed, “Dream Team!” at the same time.
The blogosphere, it seems, conspired to increase my happiness, for Asifa nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Asifa, for educating me on India through your vignettes, your UN contributions and your poetry. Your constant support of my blog means a lot to me.
The rules of the award are simple:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here is my list of nominees for the Versatile blogger award in no particular order; they are all good reads and represent a variety of perspectives:
Seven things about me:
1. My favorite presidents are Harry Truman, Abraham Lincoln, and FDR.
2. I would love to visit New Mexico.
3. My favorite contemporary novel is Peace Like A River by Leif Enger. Check it out. His So Brave, Young, and Handsome is a great read, too.
4. My last meal would be my mom’s Spicy Pasta Pie (made with button mushrooms, Mom), a tossed green salad, and a glass of milk.
5. I met my husband at Humboldt State when we took Early Modern European History together. We both wore Converse, we both drove Saturns, and yet it took me one and a half years to finally go out with him (I had lessons to learn).
6. My favorite color is blue.
7. Artie Shaw’s Begin the Beguine tickles my ear.